Dry ice allows for residue-free cleaning, without water and chemicals: the application is environmentally friendly, bactericidal and significantly faster than conventional cleaning methods.
Dry ice cleaning is already used successfully in numerous industrial applications. Cleaning is much faster and easier than conventional methods and works without abrasives, without water and without chemicals.
However, the cryogenic cleaning machines available so far are generally very heavy, very noisy and have high purchase and operating costs that limit the use of this process.
Thanks to its compact design, easy handling and low consumption of compressed air and dry ice, Sublima finally makes cryogenic cleaning economically accessible, with high cleaning performance and without complications!
SUBLIMA MAX combines the best features of cryogenic cleaners and sets new standards in terms of flexibility, cleaning performance and efficiency.
Compact design, high flexibility and low weight of only 13 kg allow universal use for countless cleaning needs .
The system operates purely pneumatically - no electrical power connection is required
Compressed air consumption starting from 300 - 1,500 l / min
The patented Sublima Max cryogenic cleaner carefully removes all types of dirt such as oils, greases, other organic deposits and germs (bacteria, moulds and viruses) from almost any surface without water or harsh chemicals!
- QUICK CLEANING
- NO WATER
- NO CHEMICAL PRODUCTS
- PELLETS FROM 1,5 TO 3 MM
- VARIABLE DOSAGE OF PELLETS
- NO ELECTRICAL CONNECTION
CRYOGENIC DRY ICE CLEANEREASY TO USE No electrical connection, only 13 kg in weight and compact design LOW RUNNING COSTS Low dry ice consumption and compressed air requirement OPTIMAL CLEANING RESULTS Little time for TOP results ECOLOGICAL Pulizia senza acqua e prodotti chimici aggressivi PULIZIA BATTERICIDA Cleaning without water and aggressive chemicals
DRY ICEThe term dry ice is commonly referred to as carbon dioxide (CO2) in the solid state which at atmospheric pressure is at a temperature of about -80°.
DRY ICE QUANTITY DOSING SYSTEMWith its specially developed dry ice quantity dosing system, both 1.5 and 3 mm pellets can be used. At the same time, the cleaning performance can be variably adapted to your needs.
The SUBLIMA MAX cryogenic cleaner is synonymous with ease of use and maximum cleaning performance.
The essential elements of the process are compressed air, generated by a common compressor, and dry ice in pellets .
On average only 500 litres/min of compressed air needed
From 5 to 50 kg/hour of dry ice consumption
Freezes > Crushes > Removes > Sanitizes
Dry ice is CO2 in the solid state and has a temperature of about - 80 ° C
it is absolutely harmless to the environment, non-toxic and does not release water. For cleaning, dry ice is pressed into pellets and "projected" onto the surface to be cleaned
Due to the low temperature and high speed of the pellets, the dirt is frozen and shatters. The surface to be cleaned is not stressed and altered because dry ice is not abrasive.
Upon impact, the dry ice pellets increase their volume by 760 times by expanding and "sweep away" the dirt particles from the surface.
Cryogenic cleaning has an effective bactericidal function: dry ice pellets exert a fungistatic and bacteriostatic function on the surface, breaking down and hindering bacteriological proliferation.
1. FREEZESDry ice is CO2 in the solid state and has a temperature of about - 80 ° C it is absolutely harmless to the environment, non-toxic and does not release water. For cleaning, dry ice is pressed into pellets and "projected" onto the surface to be cleaned
2. CRUSHESDue to the low temperature and high speed of the pellets, the dirt is frozen and shatters. The surface to be cleaned is not stressed and altered because dry ice is not abrasive.
3. REMOVESUpon impact, the dry ice pellets increase their volume by 760 times by expanding and "sweep away" the dirt particles from the surface.
4. SANITIZESCryogenic cleaning has an effective bactericidal function: dry ice pellets exert a fungistatic and bacteriostatic function on the surface, breaking down and hindering bacteriological proliferation.
EFFECTS OF THE PROCESS
Mechanical/ Thermal/ Kinetic / Fungistatic/ Sublimation
* The CO2 pellets are non-toxic, sublimate on impact (they return to their natural gaseous state in the atmosphere), and do not require disposal. The cleaning action takes place by “impact waste removal”; with the impact, the pellets penetrate the surface below the slag to be removed, shatter and create a high-speed flow of dry ice particles which, exploding at the point of impact, create a flow that lifts the contaminant from the piece removing it from the inside towards outside.
Mechanical dry ice pellets with a diameter of 1.5-3 mm are thrown at high speed on the surface to be cleaned.
There is no damage to the substrate, as there is no cutting or abrasion action. Since CO2 (dry ice) sublimates, the only residue is the removed debris.
Thermal the impact of the pellets on the surface causes thermal shock at -78° makes the encrustation friable and separates it from the surface to be cleaned so that it is easily removable.
Kinetic When dry ice hits the surface to be cleaned, it changes from a solid to a gaseous state: this causes an expansion of the volume of carbon dioxide by about 700 times and consequently an explosion of encrustations from the surface to be cleaned.
Fungistatic In the transition from solid to gaseous state, carbon dioxide exerts a bacteriostatic and fungistatic action, slowing down the proliferation of microbiological flora and ensuring optimal conditions also from an hygienic point of view.
Sublimation A further and important feature of dry ice is its ability to leave no residual moisture on the products it has been in contact with. In fact, by sublimating, it produces an atmosphere saturated with carbon dioxide which, being a dry gas, tends to reduce the moisture content in the environment without leaving any trace of water on the treated surfaces. For this reason cryogenic cleaning is recommended both in the food sector and in the cleaning of electrical systems.
THE ADVANTAGES of cryogenic dry ice cleaning
- Dry process
This cleaning method is a completely dry process as dry ice is made up of CO2 and therefore evaporates upon contact with the surface. Cleaning without water and steam
- No residue
The process leaves no residue. It is only necessary to suck up or collect the removed deposits.
Dry cleaning uses no chemicals and is absolutely non-toxic. There are no costs for the disposal of detergents or solvents and the amount of debris to be purified decreases.
- Non abrasive
Dry ice cleaning has no abrasive effects and is therefore extremely delicate towards the surface of the materials, avoiding the wear typical of sandblasting or cleaning systems with chemical agents, detergents, spatulas, and metal brushes.
- Increase in productivity
Maintenance breaks are reduced as disassembly and reassembly are no longer required. Machines can often be cleaned while in operation, thereby increasing actual production time.
Thanks to the jet nozzles and the different cleaning speeds, it is possible to clean even in places that are difficult to access without leaving any residue of detergent in the chains and on the mechanical parts.
Cryogenic sandblasting performed with the use of individual protection means replaces traditional cleaning procedures such as sandblasting or cleaning with chlorinated or fluorinated solvents: it can therefore be said that cryogenic sandblasting introduces a significant improvement for the working conditions of the operator.
- Bactericidal action
Bactericidal and fungistatic cleaning
The compact design and easy handling result in a wide range of possible uses in numerous sectors
- Removal of carbon residues , secondary residues of smog, writings by paints.
- Print: efficiently removes wet and dry colour, powders, paper dust and glue residues.
- Food industry: efficiently cleans packaging machines by removing glue residues, paper dust and product residues without adding water and chemicals.
- Plastics industry: gently cleans plastic and polyurethane foam coatings.
- Machinery: presses for printing, electrical cabinet under voltage, distributors of thermoplastic adhesives and glues, extruders, polymerization presses, photocopiers, production lines ;…
- Production lines: industrial ovens, welding robots, sugar tanks, polymerization containers, assembly lines, conveyor systems …
- Moulds: cast aluminium-cast iron, sbr rubber tires, epoxy resin, oven plates, plastic injection, extrusion moulds, PU foam seats, PET semi-finished products.
- Miscellaneous: robotic cleaning, reconditioning after fires, asbestos removal, paint removal, nuclear decontamination, internal part of high energy alternators, special building cleaning, turbine cleaning.